Hello Desi Gals,
Look what we got just in time for Holi!
The Desi Divas were out and about bursting water balloons and splashing colours of pink & green at each other dancing to the tunes of “Badri Ki Dulhaniya”. The celebration went on for couple of hours, but by the end of it, all that we had on top of our mind was how we are going to get back our lifeless hair to look normal again. The several coats of colours that looked fun on the outside, left our hair dry, coarse, spiky and lacked luster, as the chemicals penetrated and took away the shine and softness.
Just in time before the festival, we were all prepared to deal with the after effects of great Holi celebration– extremely dry damaged hair, with the Schwarzkopf Bonacure Repair Rescue Reversilane Shampoo and Conditioner duo, the products that promises to take away all your hair worries and results are visible right from the first wash.
The products are specially formulated to repair and rescue damaged and weak hair that has become too fragile, and claims:
- Repair rescue shampoo brings back life to your damaged hair.
- Hair that has been chemically treated, dried poorly or sun damaged lacks lustre, dry &wirey.
- This shampoo helps to return its shine
- It repairs the cells within the hair and also recreates the hair surface biomimetically.
- It gives 100% hair replenishment and prevents hair breakage to give you healthier and fuller hair.
- It fills the structural gaps, restoring elasticity, fortifying throughout and imparting deep shine into all hair types.
- It contains proteolipids, a combination of a hydrolyzed keratin and a lipid component, Amino Cell Rebuild, with Amino Acids and Panthenol, Cell Perfector Technology that provide additional care to your hair
- Suitable for all hair types
The Shampoo and Conditioner pack comes in 250 ml and 200 ml respectively. At Rs 799/- each, this might seem a bit steep; however not overpriced. Schwarzkopf as a brand has pioneered hair care products across the world and has a wide range of them available through professional salons, chemists and supermarkets. Both the products come with easy-to-use Flip-Top cap, so convenient to close back once your palm is engaged in holding the product.
I rinsed out as much colour from hair with warm water. Post rinsing I took a daub of Shampoo on palm,it didn’t lather as much, though it did smell of mild lovely floral fragrance, just like the way your hair smells after expensive salon treatments. A generous amount of Shampoo was required before I could start massaging all over the scalp and my coarse dry hair covered in Holi colours.
It began lathering and I could see all the Holicolours and the impurities leaving the hair. After a minute of good massage, I rinsed my hair with warm water and voila! The entirecolour was washed out and it needed no repeat wash. So … yes, it cleaned very well! I followed the procedure with good coat of creamy conditioner, again smells even better than the shampoo (just can’t stop sniffing my hair even after several hours of the wash).
Once dried, the tresses felt clean, sleek, soft and smelled beautiful. They were manageable, didn’t weigh down, felt smooth and nourished, and definitely regained its original appearance.
The product claims to repair the hair by filling structural gaps, restoring elasticity, fortifying throughout and imparting deep shine into all hair types. On that, we will have to wait for couple of more washes, as even the best of products need patience to deliver excellent results.
The Desi Divas highly recommend Repair Rescue range to take complete care of your tresses and scalp this Holi if you expect them to be exposed to harsh chemicals of the Holicolours, breakage, and any sort of damage.
What we didn’t like:
- The packaging, the tall bottles make it difficult to stand still.
- Runny consistency of Shampoo, leading to wastage
- Conditioner is bit on the expensive side, @Rs.799/- for 200 ml pack. (The products can be found at discounted prices at online shopping sites.)
So, we might just post a follow-up comment after couple of more washes from this product, till then, What if anyone tries to splash Holi colours over your precious locks? …. Bura Na Mano, Holi Hai!!!